Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Felt Good

Sometimes it just feels good to do something simple, with no brain required, like crafting with felt.
Thanks to pinterest, I can no longer be satisfied with the same mantel decor, year round and last years won't possibly do, when there's new pins to be copied daily.
In the past couple of weeks I've made several, really simple crafts thanks to Youtube tutorials and blog posts, all linked to me by the wonderful world of "pinning"

First off, a simple skirt for Asha, made from ruffle fabric. One straight stitch and an elastic waistband and I look like a sewing diva, which I am absolutely not.


Second I made a ruffle scarf or 5. Well once you get started it's pointless leaving leftover wool. These make great gifts.




Then my latest creation. The Valentine wreath.
Boyd actually said to me "what are you going to do with that?"
It is true, crafty items, however much I love to create them, don't stay in my house for long, it's just not a crafty place. So for now it sits on my mantel waiting a better home.


Also by way of exciting news, I am going to take a couple of photography classes in a few weeks so my blog pictures won't be so awful.

1 comment:

Marianne said...

You never cease to amaze me. That skirt is SO darling.

Love the scarf...it looks smashing on you (but then, pretty much everything does...except maybe a muu muu...)