Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sunday's at ours

Since my kids got older, it seemed, Monday night home evening was often interfered with, work and other activities threw off our groove so we decided to switch it to Sunday. For some reason, everyone has respected that Sunday is a family day and so in order to have our whole crew there and happy about it we needed to come up with a plan.
Each person takes turns with different responsibilities for our activities but the most sought after job is, choosing and helping make dinner. The kids pull out the recipe books and make a choice. You know it was good when the next kid chooses the same the next week.
I really enjoy this practice as it's not always me doing everything.

So far, Jaime Oliver is the favorite books of choice although my full English meal was a hit. I did Bangers mash and Beans, Toad in the Hole, shepherds pie and trifle all at the same time. Oh so good :)

1 comment:

Katzmutha said...

Hi Natalie,

I'm Katzmutha from Australia. I went to high school in the sixties and made toad in the hole in my Year 7 home science class. This dish has never been mentioned since by anyone till I came across your blog tonight! I have only the vaguest memories of meat balls inserted into some kind of pudding thing.I only made itonce.