Thursday, March 5, 2009

A fond farewell

It's been a week since I got back from England and to be frank it's taken me that long to get my head back in the game, it's pretty hard to say goodbye to your family and not know how long it'll be til you meet again.
So for all those who think I'm a spoiled jetsetter....I am :) but actually this trip was for a final farewell to my Nan "connie"

She is my Grandma, my Dad's Mum. She was so much fun growing up. She's feisty lady that I think invented "telling it like it is" much to the offense of everyone, but for some reason, I was never offended by her. She taught us to play cards and Bingo, still my favorite game, she was happy to dance alone and always won the raffle. She loved life, always thought she was young and loved her 3 boys who could do no wrong. What a great lady. I'm glad she gets to rest a while now after a hard slog these last few years but I'm sure her rest will be short lived and the party will soon be in full swing in Heaven.

So Nana...til we meet again

2 comments:

Marianne said...

I'm so glad you were able to go. I know that's a hard trip to make, but I know you wouldn't have missed it for the world! **hugs**

Tycksen Family said...

Natalie, I am so sorry your nanna passed away. I am so glad you were able to go. Thanks for sharing memories of her, I really enjoyed reading it.