Monday, November 7, 2011

Lessons from London

When I started to scroll through my 400 pictures, I wondered, how can I possibly blog a trip to England as awesome as the one I just had? I realize after seeing other people's trip pics, that the thing I enjoy most is noting the cultural differences and learning things so that's my plan.
Lesson 1.
Jet lag sucks and that is why I am up at 3 am blogging.

Lesson 2.
Westminster Abbey sits right across the street from the houses of Parliament (never knew that)

Lesson 3.
Cheaper accommodations for tourists are now available in London at the Parliament Square resort.

Lesson 4.
You gotta pay 30p to p.

Lesson 5.
The underground is VERY underground.

Lesson 6.
Rush hour lasts, well most of the time.

Lesson 7.
Platform 9 3/4 is no longer on the platform at Kings Cross Station but in a shed around the corner with a wait line for photo opps.

Lesson 8.
When in a hat store, you must try on all the hats.


Even when someone else thinks hats should be of the baseball type.

Lesson 9.
I should really go to bed and get over this jet lag.
More to follow.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Welcome home! I hope your jet lag clears up soon!!

(You have to pay to P??? What the...?)

Kristen and Co. said...

Awesome! So glad you could go home. You MUST continue posting experiences and tidbits, as my parents are to be the new London Temple Visitor's Center directors beginning in January. Can't wait to go see them!!