Thursday, July 9, 2009

HAPPY 4th of July


No really it was fun :)
We drove to Idaho, Sun Valley for the special little blessing of Cordell Washington Hill, (what a cool political name and appropriate time of year to be blessed)

A road trip is not my first choice for the day since all around me I hear of balloon launches, fun runs and parades. I'm not sure who came up with the term "funrun" seriously? is there such a thing?
Anyway, when we arrived up there we had an immediate change of heart. I mean how can you not.
2 boats, many toys, a beach and food.





It was so worth it, we had a blast with family and Maren's extended family.
Let the party begin:)


I know it may come as a shock to some but despite being raised and growing up in England, I have done allot more growing up in the US and so I celebrate today with my fellow Americans. I am grateful to be in a free country where I can worship as I choose, where I can work and achieve and ultimately choose for myself and my family. I pray this country will stay true to the values it was founded on and we will continue to strive for freedom from government intervention.

3 comments:

Mr G said...

wow, that looks beautiful there, i want to be there :-( bye the way loved the speech at the end, spoken from the heart like a true english taurian

Kristen and Co. said...

Amen.

Tycksen Family said...

Looks like a lot of fun! And I too loved the patriotism!!! Thanks for sharing!!