Wednesday, May 8, 2013

My First Time

Spray Painting.

I keep seeing these colorful home decor projects and my attempts  with a spray can had not yet surpassed the rushed cub scout project or a home made pinata. Still, I am optimistic and could not resist the rows of pretty paint colors at Home Depot.
I have 2 chairs that were looking pretty worse for ware, lets face it, 10 winters and summers in Utah, it's pretty amazing anything holds up. I was considering throwing them out but they are actually pretty comfy and we use the extra seats a lot so I decided to give the spray paint a shot.


It's a pretty easy process. A quick sand with a sanding block, a good scrub with soapy water and a rinse.
Tape off the parts you don't want to paint and ...

voila

I tied the blue in to my other furniture with some pillows.

 and now our outdoor space is pretty comfy.

Please be assured, lack of trees is being taken care of and shrubs will wait until next year.

So what do you think of spray paint? Have you ventured into the world of instant color splash yet?


No comments: